Hello Moon Children! For my very first post, I wanted to share a recipe that’s not only simple to make but soothing for the body and soul. I like to enjoy this warm drink in the mid-morning between breakfast and lunch or at night after dinner. It tastes rich and indulgent all while providing health benefits!
Turmeric might as well be named “beautiful magic cure-all yellow spice”. That may be too long of a name so we’ll stick with turmeric 😉 So, what exactly makes it magic? It has anti-inflammatory properties (ditch your ibuprofen), improves skin complexion, reduces bad cholesterol, improves liver function and has been proven to help combat depression symptoms.
I am thankful for the blessings the universe has bestowed upon me *sips golden mylk* and I am thankful for the blessings the universe will continue to bestow upon me in the future.
Golden Turmeric Mylk
- 1 cup of almond milk (or any plant milk of your preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- pinch of black pepper
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking often.
- Remove from heat and pour into mug.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy! 🙂